Google docs are a very popular document viewer of this time. It can replace Microsoft word, Libre office, and other document viewers. Google allows us to save a doc file in docs format by default but what if you need it in PDF format. A PDF file is more portable than a doc file that’s why you should know how to save google doc as PDF and use it in your future projects. Saving google docs in PDF is very easier and you don’t need any third-party app for that.
You may already know that google docs don’t need an extra application to run, It can be open in any web browser. Sign in to your Google account by google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser and open google docs. Save google doc as PDF file in your local storage or upload it to your google drive.
Table of Contents
How to Save Google Doc as PDF
Different devices save Google Docs as PDF in a different way that’s why we are showing multiple methods to perform this action. Google makes it simple for you so you can download doc files in any format for all the devices.
Save Doc as PDF in PC
Most of the people use PC for using google doc and that’s very obvious. A computer is more comfortable to handle a document. Google giving you a built-in PDF saving option for google docs.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Sign in to your google account.
- Go to google drive and open the doc file from here.
- Click on the “File” button from the top.
- Go to “Download as” and select “PDF Document” from here.
- Type a name for the PDF file and click on “Save”.
- Your file starts saving to your computer as PDF format on your computer.
Keep the file in your google drive is also possible. Upload the PDF file to your google drive if you want to have access to it online.
Save Doc as PDF in Android & iOS
First, you have to download the official google drive app on your mobile device know how to save google doc as PDF. It’s a free app for both android and iOS.
Google Drive app is not the same in iOS and android but you can still save google Docs as pdf in both devices. Methods are kind of the same but a little change with each other.
Android Device method
- Open the google drive app after you download it from google play.
- Open the document that you want to save as a PDF file.
- Make sure you have the final edit otherwise the PDF file will get wasted.
- Click on the three-dot menu from the top-right of your phone.
- Tap on “Share and Export” from here.
- Choose “Save as” from share and exporting options.
- Here you find all the available formats for saving the doc file(PDF as well).
Following these methods will let you learn how to save google doc as PDF file in android mobile.
iOS Device Method
- Open the google drive app after you download it from the app store.
- Open the doc file from your Gdrive.
- Tap on the three-dot menu.
- Go to “Share and Export”.
- Select “Send a Copy”.
- Choose PDF format from here.
- Tap on “Save to File” from here and your file will be downloaded on the device.
IOS gives you only a few options for selecting the format of google docs. You will only be able to save it as a PDF or Word document.
If you find none of them useful, there is a simple way to convert google docs to PDF but you have to use external websites or software for that. Many websites and software are available for converting Docs files to PDF.
You need to download the doc file from google doc before you convert it to PDF file. Upload the doc file to This website Convert Doc to PDF and download the PDF file from here. This is only possible when you have an internet connection on your PC.
Offline convert can also be possible with Softwares. Many applications can convert these kinds of files in windows and android.
Why PDF file is important?
PDF is to most portable format for any kind of document. It’s easy to view a PDF file in any kind of device. PDF file supports all operating systems of computers and mobile. So, you can use a PDF file in your windows, Mac and Linux PC. PDF combined all the image, table, chart, and many other things in one file that’s why it’s become easy to portable. Even a browser can open a PDF file so you don’t need an external application to view a document. Applications give more features to edit or view PDF files.
Can I Lose Any Data While Converting?
You get the exact same copy of your doc in the word file. No risk of losing data while converting so you can learn how to save google doc as PDF without any stress. Usually, we input images, text, tables, and much information in a doc file. That all files converted to the PDF and you get the same clone of the doc file.
Google gives you options for all kinds of documents to convert in PDF and many other formats. Other services of google like google sheets, google slides can also be able to convert in PDF. No external app needed for any of those.
Watch the video to know about how to save google doc as PDF file in computer.