Many people use multiple google account for a different purpose. There is one main account that everyone use as their default Google account. In case, you want to change your default account you should know how to change default google account from your mobile and PC. As we use our google account in our android and iOS phones also. Accessing google account from mobile makes it handier. Android phones must have a google account sign in for using google services like google play, Gmail, and many others.
Default google account saves your all query of search. All the google services open in the default Google account. You need to switch google account every time if you are not using your main google account as your default account. However, if you sign in on another google account instead of the main one you need to change that.
Table of Contents
How to Change Default Google Account
As we can use our google account in different devices, There are different ways to know how to change google account. We will know all of them one by one.
For PC User(Google Chrome or Chromium)
Switching between Google accounts is very easy in PC that’s why people usually have multiple google account sign in their PC. But the default account saves all your password and bookmark. So it’s important to choose the main account as the default account. That’s how you don it.
- Open the google chrome browser or some browser based on chromium like the brave browser.
- Open the default new tab in non-incognito mode.
- Click on your profile picture from the top right corner of the browser.
- Select Sign out of all accounts and that will sign out you from all the google accounts.
- Now you have to log in to every account from Gmail.com.
- Remember one thing, The first account you sign in becomes the default google account of your for that browser.
- Sign in to your main account first and that’s it.
It’s important to know how to change default google account for getting a user-friendly browser.
Mobile User(No Root)
You can simply change your default google account by doing a factory reset to your device. but you may lose some data by doing this. That’s why there is another trick available to know how to change default google account from your mobile. Add another google account and Remove the old one.
- Go to the settings of your phone.
- Then go to accounts.
- Now select google accounts.
- Click on Add a new account.
- After you added the main google account go to the old one.
- Click on the three-dot menu.
- Press Remove Account.
Now your device only has one google account so that has to be the default one. Now add as many accounts as you want. By using this method, You won’t lose any data from your phone. But all the data from the old google account will be gone from your device.
If you are a rooted android user then it will be easier for you to take a backup of the old google account and also get to apply how to change default google account. Follow these instructions but make sure your device is properly rooted.
- Download and install root explorer.
- Open the application and allow it to access your device settings.
- Go to the /data/system folder.
- Press and hold the account.db file.
- Rename it to account.db.old. Take a backup of this file if you want to have the data of the old google account.
- Now restart your device.
- After your device will wake up, It will require a google account to start.
- Enter your main account access to make it your default google account.
Benefits of Default Google Account
There are must be some reason to change your default google account. Some benefits are available for default account.
- All google services open on the default Google account.
- Google search history stored on the default account.
- Using mail of the default account is easy.
- No need to switch accounts so many times.
For getting all these benefits you have to learn how to change default google account.
Google Account Selection Tips
Here are some tips you need to know before you change your default account. This may help you to choose the google account.
- Use the incognito mode of google chrome for using an account for a while.
- Choose a unique profile picture for each google account so it becomes easy for you to choose which account you are switching to.
Google account is a very secured service but it can still be hacked for your mistake. Don’t allow unauthorized app and websites to your Google account. A lot of information of yours can be stored on your account. Use two-step verification for better security of google account. Don’t use easy passwords in your google account because google allows you to have simple passwords.
Notice: Undefined index: tag in /home/forexlea/shoukhintech.com/wp-content/plugins/smart-recent-posts-widget/includes/widget.php on line 115
Notice: Undefined index: cat_exclude in /home/forexlea/shoukhintech.com/wp-content/plugins/smart-recent-posts-widget/includes/widget.php on line 116
Notice: Undefined index: tag_exclude in /home/forexlea/shoukhintech.com/wp-content/plugins/smart-recent-posts-widget/includes/widget.php on line 117