Google chrome is the first choice for both mobile and PC users. People download a lot of things from the web browser and chrome is very good at that task. It provides the maximum speed to download any file. But many of us don’t know how to change chrome download location. Most of the people keep google chrome as their default browser. It’s also available for all the operating systems (windows, android, mac os, Linux).
Downloading files from google chrome browser is also very easy. You can manage your download from the notification bar in the chrome browser. As it is a browser by Google that’s why it’s run smoothly on the Android operating system. Many people use chromium as their default browser but don’t know it is a lite version of chrome.
Table of Contents
Change Chrome Download Location (PC and Android)
When you download a file from google chrome it goes to the download folder of your internal memory by default. Local Disk(C)>> Downloads for PC users. But when you install a new window or clean up your phone memory, all your downloaded files get lost. That’s why you need to change chrome download location.
Change the location for every time you download a file from google chrome using your PC. Follow these steps and screenshots to change the location of chrome download.
- Open the google chrome browser on your PC.
- Go to the settings from the top right three-dot menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of settings.
- Click on the advance settings.
- You will see Downloads there. Click on the change button and select your location where you want to store your files.
If you are using an Android smartphone to download files from chrome, Learn how to change chrome download location very easily. Follow these instructions. You can not choose a specific folder to download on your phone. You only can choose between internal and external memory.
- Open the google chrome browser on your android mobile.
- Go to the settings from three-dot menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you will find Downloads option there.
- Click on the downloads.
- Download location settings are available here.
- Click on it and change it to memory card or internal memory as you want.
Change chrome download location is easy but there are some facts you need to know before doing that. Downloading a file on your SD card can be slower than internal memory if you don’t have a high-quality SD card. Transferring files in internal memory are faster than an SD card. The internal memory of an android phone is more powerful than the external SD card. But don’t keep all your file in internal memory if you it does not have a lot of free space available. Make sure you have free space available on your internal memory for a better performance device.
Watch the full video to know about how to change chrome download location. The video will show you everything in step by step.