Quick Answer: To zoom out a video on your iPhone, you can use the pinch-to-zoom gesture or adjust the video scale in the iMovie app.
Are you tired of watching a video on your iPhone and feeling like it’s too close-up or zoomed in? Maybe you want to see the bigger picture or fit more into the frame. Well, you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll show you how to zoom out a video on your iPhone in a few simple steps.
One of the easiest ways to zoom out a video is by using the pinch-to-zoom gesture. Just open the video in your Photos app, then use two fingers to pinch outwards on the screen. This will make the video appear smaller and less zoomed in.
If you want more control over the zooming process and prefer a dedicated editing tool, you can use the iMovie app. With iMovie, you can adjust the video scale, which allows you to zoom in or out to your desired level. It’s a great option if you want to fine-tune the zooming effect or even add other creative elements to your video.
Now that we’ve covered the quick answer, let’s dive into the detailed steps for both methods. So grab your iPhone and let’s get started!
How to Zoom Out Video on iPhone: A Comprehensive Guide
Capturing precious moments on your iPhone is a breeze, but sometimes you may find that the video you’ve recorded is just a bit too zoomed in. Whether you need to fit more content in the frame or simply want to create a wider perspective, being able to zoom out your videos can help you achieve the desired effect. In this article, we will explore various methods and tools available on iPhone to zoom out videos effortlessly. Let’s dive in!
Using the Crop and Zoom Feature
One way to zoom out a video on your iPhone is by utilizing the built-in Crop and Zoom feature. Follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the video you want to zoom out, and tap on it to open it.
- Tap on the “Edit” button located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- At the bottom of the editing options, you’ll find a crop icon, which looks like two overlapping right angles. Tap on it.
- You’ll now see a familiar pinch-to-zoom gesture. Spread two fingers apart on the screen to zoom out your video.
- Once you’re satisfied with the zoom level, tap on the “Done” button to save your changes.
- Finally, tap on “Save as New Clip” or “Save Video” to keep a copy of the zoomed-out video.
Using a Third-Party Video Editing App
If you desire more control over the zooming-out process or want to explore advanced editing options, using a third-party video editing app can be an excellent choice. Here’s how you can zoom out a video using the iMovie app:
- Download the iMovie app from the App Store and launch it on your iPhone.
- Create a new project by tapping on the “+” icon.
- Import the video you want to zoom out from your Photos library into the iMovie project.
- Tap on the video within the project timeline to select it.
- Next, tap on the magnifying glass icon located at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Pinch out or use the slider to adjust the zoom level and achieve the desired amount of zoom-out.
- Once you’re satisfied with the changes, tap on the checkmark icon to apply the zoom-out effect.
- Finally, tap on the “Done” button and export your zoomed-out video by selecting the appropriate option.
Using a Video Editing Shortcut
For those who prefer a quick and straightforward method to zoom out videos without installing additional apps, leveraging the built-in Shortcuts app can be a time-saving solution. Here’s how you can set up a zoom-out video shortcut:
- Make sure you have the Shortcuts app installed on your iPhone. If not, download it from the App Store.
- Launch the Shortcuts app and tap on the “Create Shortcut” button to start creating a new shortcut.
- Tap on the “+” icon to add actions to your shortcut.
- In the search bar, type “Crop” and select the “Crop Video” action.
- Configure the “Crop Video” action by adjusting the zoom level to your preference, and make sure to enable the “Fit” option to avoid black bars.
- Tap on the “+” icon again to add another action.
- Search for “Save” and add the “Save to Photo Album” action.
- Now, tap on the “Next” button and give your shortcut a name.
- Finally, tap on the “Done” button to save your new zoom-out video shortcut.
Considerations and Additional Tips
While zooming out videos can be a great way to enhance your footage, keep in mind a few essential considerations and tips:
- Zooming out a video might result in a reduction of overall video quality and resolution, especially if you zoom out beyond the original frame.
- Experiment with different zoom levels to find the right balance between achieving a wider perspective and maintaining video clarity.
- Consider shooting videos in a higher resolution to preserve image quality when zooming out.
- Remember to back up your original videos before performing any editing to avoid accidental data loss.
- Explore other video editing features available in apps like iMovie or third-party editing apps to unleash your creativity further.
Zooming out videos on your iPhone is a handy skill that can significantly improve the visual appeal and storytelling of your captured moments. Whether you prefer using the built-in Crop and Zoom feature, exploring third-party video editing apps like iMovie, or creating shortcuts with the Shortcuts app, the options are plentiful. Follow the steps outlined in this guide, take into account the considerations and tips provided, and start zooming out your videos like a pro. Get ready to expand your perspective and create captivating video content on your iPhone!
Note: This article is intended for educational purposes only, and all methods mentioned are based on the latest iPhone software version at the time of writing.
How to do smooth zooming on your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I zoom out a video on my iPhone?
To zoom out a video on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
Can I use the built-in camera app to zoom out a video on my iPhone?
No, the built-in camera app does not allow you to zoom out a video. However, you can use third-party video editing apps to achieve this.
Which third-party video editing apps can I use to zoom out a video on my iPhone?
There are several third-party video editing apps available on the App Store that allow you to zoom out a video on your iPhone. Some popular options include iMovie, Adobe Premiere Rush, and InShot.
How do I zoom out a video using iMovie?
To zoom out a video using iMovie, follow these steps:
1. Open iMovie on your iPhone.
2. Create a new project and import the video you want to edit.
3. Tap on the video timeline to select it.
4. Pinch your fingers outward on the video timeline to zoom out.
5. Adjust the zoom level until you reach the desired zoom-out effect.
6. Save your changes and export the edited video.
Can I zoom out a video on my iPhone without using any third-party apps?
No, zooming out a video on your iPhone without using any third-party apps is not possible as the built-in camera app does not support this feature. Using a video editing app is the most effective way to achieve the zoom-out effect.
Are there any free video editing apps that allow me to zoom out a video on my iPhone?
Yes, some video editing apps offer free versions with limited features that still allow you to zoom out a video on your iPhone. iMovie, for example, provides basic editing features including the zoom-out option without requiring any payment.
To zoom out a video on your iPhone, follow these simple steps. First, open the Photos app and select the video you want to edit. Then, tap on the Edit button and choose the Crop & Rotate option. Pinch outwards with two fingers on the video to zoom out. Lastly, tap on Done to save the changes. With these easy steps, you can quickly zoom out any video on your iPhone and enhance its overall viewing experience. So, next time you want to zoom out a video on your iPhone, just remember these steps.