Quick Answer: To turn on a MacBook Pro without the power button, you can rely on a few alternative methods, such as using the keyboard shortcuts, connecting the charger, or opening the lid.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where the power button on your MacBook Pro suddenly stops working? It can be quite frustrating, especially when you need to get your work done or access your files urgently. However, fret not, as there are alternative methods that allow you to turn on your MacBook Pro without the power button. In this article, we will explore some simple yet effective solutions to help you get your MacBook Pro up and running again. Whether you prefer using keyboard shortcuts, relying on the charger, or simply opening the lid, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive right in and discover how you can easily turn on your MacBook Pro even when the power button seems to be unresponsive.
How to Turn on MacBook Pro Without Power Button
Turning on your MacBook Pro without using the power button may seem like a daunting task, but fear not! There are a few alternative methods you can use to power up your device. Whether your power button is broken or you simply prefer a different way to turn on your MacBook Pro, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we will explore the various ways you can turn on your MacBook Pro without using the power button, providing detailed instructions for each method.
1. Using the built-in keyboard shortcut
One of the easiest and most convenient ways to turn on your MacBook Pro without the power button is by using a built-in keyboard shortcut. Follow these steps:
- Ensure your MacBook Pro is plugged into a power source.
- Press and hold the Control (Ctrl) key, the Option (Alt) key, and the Shift key simultaneously.
- While holding these keys, press and hold the Touch ID (power button) on the Touch Bar for about 10 seconds.
- Release all the keys and the power button.
- Your MacBook Pro should turn on.
2. Using an external keyboard
If your MacBook Pro’s power button is completely unresponsive, you can use an external keyboard to turn it on. Here’s how:
- Connect an external USB or Bluetooth keyboard to your MacBook Pro.
- Ensure your MacBook Pro is connected to a power source.
- On the external keyboard, press the Control (Ctrl) key, the Option (Alt) key, and the Power button simultaneously.
- Your MacBook Pro should power up.
3. Using the Apple Remote Desktop app
If you have the Apple Remote Desktop app installed on another device, such as an iPhone or iPad, you can use it to turn on your MacBook Pro remotely. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure your MacBook Pro is connected to a power source.
- Launch the Apple Remote Desktop app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select your MacBook Pro from the list of available devices.
- In the remote control interface, locate the power button icon and tap on it.
- Your MacBook Pro should power on.
4. Using the charger
In some cases, you can use your MacBook Pro’s charger to turn it on without using the power button. Follow these steps:
- Plug in your MacBook Pro’s charger.
- Connect the charger to a power source.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Your MacBook Pro may power on automatically.
If your MacBook Pro doesn’t turn on automatically, press and hold the Control (Ctrl) key, the Option (Alt) key, and the Shift key simultaneously, and then press the power button on the charger. This should initiate the boot-up process.
5. Seeking professional assistance
If none of the above methods work for you, it might be time to seek professional assistance. Visit an authorized Apple service center or contact Apple support for further guidance and to get your power button fixed.
Remember, while these alternative methods will help you turn on your MacBook Pro without the power button, it is still important to address the underlying issue with the power button. Consider getting it repaired to ensure the long-term functionality of your device.
Now that you know how to turn on your MacBook Pro without the power button, you can confidently navigate any situation where your power button becomes unresponsive or unavailable. Feel free to choose the method that suits you best and enjoy the convenience of powering up your MacBook Pro with ease!
Frequently Asked Questions
Turning on a MacBook Pro without using the power button is possible. Here are a few options:
Can I turn on my MacBook Pro using the keyboard?
Unfortunately, MacBook Pro models do not have a keyboard shortcut to turn on the device directly. However, you can try using the keyboard shortcut Shift-Control-Option along with the Touch ID button to initiate the startup process.
Is there any alternative method to turn on my MacBook Pro?
Yes, if you have a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar, you can turn on the device by connecting it to a power source. As soon as it connects, the MacBook Pro will start up automatically.
Can I turn on my MacBook Pro using an external device?
No, MacBook Pro models cannot be turned on using external devices such as a mouse or keyboard. The power button or the alternative methods mentioned earlier are the only ways to turn on the device.
If you find yourself in a situation where your MacBook Pro’s power button is not working, don’t panic. There are a couple of workarounds you can try to turn on your device without using the power button. Firstly, you can use an external keyboard to trigger the power button function. Another option is using the charger to initiate the boot process. Additionally, you can try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) to address any power-related issues. By following these simple steps, you can successfully turn on your MacBook Pro without the power button.