Maybe you don’t want to be a housebound person and occasionally love to move around the house and use your home wifi,
In this case, you may ask the question of how to receive a wifi signal from a long distance. But is it even possible? If so, what’s the easiest way, and how to do it.
If you feel a lot of pain in your head, you don’t need to go anywhere else to get rid of it, because here we’ve shared a comprehensive guide on it that you can follow to receive your home wifi signal from a long distance.
The Way of Receiving WiFi Signal Away From Your Home:
You can solve the issue through various means but we will show you the simplest and most effective way that will save your money and time as well.
We’ll suggest you use a wifi extender that will increase the range of your router and you can receive the signal away from your home without any disconnecting issue.
If you would like to use this method, there will be a huge chance that you can get your signal away from 4 km with a line of sight.
A wifi extender is primarily created to offer long-range network transmission. It will also boost up your wifi speed for your connected devices.
The TP-link N300 wifi extender comes with two 5DBi antennas that will improve the wireless robustness and overall stability. And you can even use it for video streaming, online games, and more.
The best part of this wifi extender is it’s a Tdma technology-powered powerful extender that enhances its throughput performance.
In a word, if you’re looking for an easy method for this issue, you have to follow this way and need to buy a wifi extender, you can pick any extender from your favourite brand, but we will suggest the TP-link N300 for a better result.
So, Assuming you have the device and your home wifi is ready to set up with the extender, now let’s show you can this process is:
How to Setup A WiFi Extender To Receive Signal From A Long-Distance?
Installing an extender and configuring it with your router might be going to simply because you’ll only need to follow some basic steps to complete the process. Don’t worry, we will make it quite understandable for you.
Before you can go to the extender configuration, you will be required to pick some basic details about your router, such as your router IP address, SSID name, encryption type, and password of your network.
Here’s a short guide:
- Login to your router control panel via a web browser by typing the router’s IP address.
- Find your IP address and access the wireless port of the router’s GUI and put all the details such as IP address, SSID, encryption type, and your password, and finally try to stay connected to the control panel.
If any reason your router doesn’t respond to 192.168.1.1 you’ll need to be sure that your router uses different IP, to find the IP address, just open your window command box and put this text there ‘ipconfig /all’
Once you hit your enter with, you’ll see your IP address, so use that IP for the next step.
Well, now ready to connect the extender with your computer using an Ethernet cable, here’s how:
- Plug the extender into a wall outlet and connect it with your PC via an Ethernet cable, go to the web address that you can find in your extender user manual.
- Once you go to the setup page, you’ll need to click into the quick setup, select your region and click Next.
- Once you click on the Next button, it will automatically start scanning your network and will take some time to complete.
- After scanning, you’ll see the list of your network, so just pick the name of your network and click on the Next button.
- It will ask your router password to get access to the network with your router.
- There you’ll also see two options, “Copy from the main router” and “Customize”, select the first option if you would like to use a single larger network and select the second option for creating a different network, and click on the Next.
- That’s it.
Now keep your wifi extender a little away from your router and go a little further away from the wifi extender to check if it is working properly, hopefully, it will work perfectly.
You might be thinking that this is the final way of connecting an extender with a router, but there is another way, you can setup it by using your router WPS button, here how to do that:
- Connect your extender with a power outlet near to the router and on the WPS button of your router, you can look at the LED light on your router to make sure the button is turned on properly.
- And finally, you will also need to turn on the extender WPS button, that’s it, it will automatically connect to your router, you don’t need to set up anything additional.
Maybe you’re a long-distance from your router and need a method that allows you to get a strong connection from the long-distance, and this is why we’ve shared this guide about How To Receive Wifi Signal From Long Distance.
If you are still facing any issues, let us know via the comment box below!